Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Things could be worse....much, much worse!

Monday we began the chemical warfare against the virus....and yes I am using weapons of mass destruction. I had initially thought about naturopathic treatments and then I watched a nifty video online that showed the virus replicating up to 10 TRILLION times per day...and I was like...OK... so lets call in the heavy artillery! I will be using natural treatements as a complement and post treatment. Fortunately I have the coolest doctor on earth...or at least one of them...and they are completely willing and supportive of me researching and trying things that I am drawn to try...providing that they are not known to have a harmful effect on the liver.

So yesterday I took my first doses of riba and my first injection. It turns out giving yourself an injection isn't such a big deal.  Throughout the day I felt kinda icky and sweaty, a little bit nauseous and on edge...but I have felt much of this for a good long time...so I don't know if it was meds or virus making me feel that way.

Tuesday morning I awoke and  immediately started laughing as I remembered a conversation that I had with the doctor on Monday in which she implored me to exercise at least 10 minutes every day. As I began to enter into the world of consciousness and realize what I was feeling like the thought of exercising was nothing less than humorous! Feeling the way that I felt at that moment I was more likely to light myself on fire than I was to exercise! LOL!!! I was not sure if I could even stand up...although I did....motivated by the fact that I had drank 120 ozs. of water yesterday and I understood the implications if I didn't stand up and amble across the room quickly!

Once I got up and started the day I realized that the feeling that I had felt strangely familiar. Then it dawned on me I was feeling absolutely and totally hung-over. Like I had just been on a three-day non-stop bender! Like I had taken twelve different drugs in pursuit of the ellusive knowledge that I thought the universe was trying to hide from me and that hallucinogenic drugs were going to allow me to discover! I had been here before.....

And then I realized...no, I have not! I was not drunk yesterday. I was not weaving through the streets of my home town...ranting and raving at those people who crossed my path. I was not hiding somewhere getting high and not caring about the impact that it had on me (or others). My actions yesterday will not put me at risk to go to jail. I did not cheat anyone so that I could have more money for drugs or booze. I remember where I was and what happened yesterday.

I suspect that feeling hung-over and crappy will get old if it continues for the next year straight... but I realized this morning that I have lived through worse...active addiction. I have already spent a large part of my life hung-over.I am grateful that as lousy as I feel...I am clean and sober. Things could be worse....much, much worse. I am not hung-over....I am healing! I am blessed beyond words!

Now...about that exercise...I'm still not too sure....

No comments:

Post a Comment