Saturday, September 26, 2009

Love is Strong

Last Monday night I received my second weekly injection and the impact was “pretty intense” for a few hours afterwards. Anyways Tuesday I was still dragging and spent much of the day sleeping. My children knew that I was obviously not feeling well and offered a prayer for my relief. On Wednesday morning when I awoke I felt great! As I first woke up and was still lying in bed I remember thinking that I felt the best that I had in a very long time! Just after waking, my youngest son Ruhu’llah presented me with a handmade get well card which touched my heart. In addition he handed me a cut out heart, with a message that was so profound it has become more so each time I meditate on it. It stated simply, “Love is Strong”, from Ruhi.
Yes Ruhi, Love is Strong! And the love of those around me is the strongest medicine that I could ever have!
It strikes me as being incredibly ironic how often we speak of the negative or destructive “powers at work” in the world around us overlooking the power of love. We are in danger of being able to only recognize the lack of love; failing to take note of the transformative and healing power of love.
Love is strong!!!! Now there is a thought for the day…….why do we forget that?



When you love a member of your family or a compatriot, let it be with a ray of the Infinite Love! Let it be in God, and for God! Wherever you find the attributes of God love that person, whether he be of your family or of another. Shed the light of a boundless love on every human being whom you meet, whether of your country, your race, your political party, or of any other nation, color or shade of political opinion. Heaven will support you while you work in this in-gathering of the scattered peoples of the world beneath the shadow of the almighty tent of unity.
You will be servants of God, who are dwelling near to Him, His divine helpers in the service, ministering to all Humanity. All Humanity! Every human being! Never forget this!
Do not say, he is an Italian, or a Frenchman, or an American, or an Englishman, remember only that he is a son of God, a servant of the Most High, a man! All are men! Forget nationalities; all are equal in the sight of God!
Remember not your own limitations; the help of God will come to you. Forget yourself. God's help will surely come! 
When you call on the Mercy of God waiting to reinforce you, your strength will be tenfold.
Look at me: I am so feeble, yet I have had the strength given me to come amongst you: a poor servant of God, who has been enabled to give you this message! I shall not be with you long! One must never consider one's own feebleness, it is the strength of the Holy Spirit of Love, which gives the power to teach. The thought of our own weakness could only bring despair. We must look higher than all earthly thoughts; detach ourselves from every material idea, crave for the things of the spirit; fix our eyes on the everlasting bountiful Mercy of the Almighty, who will fill our souls with the gladness of joyful service to His command 'Love One Another'.


    Abdu'l-Baha, Paris Talks

1 comment: